If you are in a situation where you feel your man is becoming distant, you are definetly not alone. This very thing happens daily to people all across the world and it is something that you have learn to spot. When someone is becoming distant, it may become extremely difficult to communicate with one another. Here are some was to help you deal with a distant lover.
1. Remain calm and continue doing your normal duties. You can't build your life around whatever he may be going through. If he is distant, he will probably make everything you do seem like it is your fault. You be the rational thinker. Try to avoid arguments at all cost because they will give him ammunition to lead to fights.
2. Understand that this is the best time to give him his space. Whatever he is going through, you don't want to bombard him and make him even more distant. This way this gives him a chance to sort through whatever it is he is going through. You don't have to be a lame-duct and wait on him hand and foot, just agree to give him the time he needs to sort through his emotions. Be sure to let him know you are not going to wait forever. Ask him how much time he will need.
3. At the heart of every distant guy is something that is bothering him or on his mind. The way to get to that problem is probably the most complicated problem. Depending on the problem, some men may not feel comfortable telling you the problem or the problem is just something they don't want to discuss. When in this predicament you need to tell them you are there for them when they need you. The biggest thing they may realize is that you can provide the support that they need. You don't have to be a crutch, but just an open ear to listen or should to cry on.
4. Reconnect, Reconnect, Reconnect. Reconnecting is about finding the one thing that you and he have in common and building on that. For example, if it is art, offer to draw something together, if it were singing, play or sing your favorite song. Create a day where you and he can reconnect on things that mean the same to both of you.
5. You have to keep your happiness despite his misery. Make sure, even in his darkest moment, you don't let him suck you into his pity party. If you do, he will make you miserable and sometimes this will be used as a tactic to start a fight.
Having someone you love be distant is a very difficult thing to deal with. They may not want to touch you, talk to you, be around you, or some may belittle you. There is only so much you take from a person before a relationship is unbearable. The best advice that will probably get to the bottom of everything once and for all is to openly communicate your feelings. Ask your partner/husband what is the matter. He may not open up and tell you at first but eventually, he can't keep living in his own bubble. Relationships are build on emotion and you have to convey that and let him know that. In the end, it will benefit you both to put everything out in the open and be able to come to resolutions for the problems you may be facing.